Monday, April 11, 2011

MIXTAPE MONDAYS: DJ Vibe

This week's entry for "Mixtape Mondays" is called "Constant Contact" by my brother from another, NY's own DJ Vibe. This mixtape has all the latest dance/electro tracks from Afrojack, Laidback Luke, Klass & Tiesto. If you need a solid mix of what's being played in the clubs right now then this mixtape is a must have. Growing up in Southampton, Vibe started going out to all the high profile nightclubs in NY at any early age & became infatuated with DJ'ing. I first met Vibe back in 2000 when I was spinning at Jet East in the Hampton's where he was bar backing at the ripe age of 16. I remember how he would always approach me, asking about the old school R&B classics I played at the beginning of the night. At first it was annoying, but after a while, I respected the fact that he had an interest in the classics & made an effort to learn about the artists & their music. Not only would he find these records on vinyl but he would tell me random facts about the label & production that I didn't even know about. After graduating from NYU, receiving his Masters of Music from their Graduate Music Technology Program, Vibe became a leading figure in the mixtape circuit, selling CD's to hip hop shops all over the world. You can find Vibe spinning at some of New York's trendiest night clubs playing an eclectic set of everything from Disco, Soul, Funk & New Wave to Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae & Rock 'n'Roll. Many thanks to my brother DJ Vibe for providing us with this week's entry. Enjoy Knyewtrons...Neva

No comments: