Monday, January 4, 2010

The KNYEW Crew 2009 Wrap-Up

KENN'S 2009 WRAP-UP:
FAVORITE TEE 2009:
Our KNYEW x Free Gold Watch collabo tee "Ace Rothstein". It was and still is an amazing tee. The funny thing is the design work wasn't anything we envisioned or planned for. It was a pleasant surprise.

FAVORITE GEAR 2009:
The Black Scale x Android Homme collabo sneaker. I have plenty of sneakers so there isn't a whole lot out there that gets me excited but this collaboration piece floored me. I had to have them as soon as I saw them.

FAVORITE PURCHASE 2009:
Blackberry Curve 8900...changed my life in 2009 but I may need an upgrade for 2010!!!

FAVORITE MOMENT 2009:
My 2009 New Year's Eve Celebration in San Diego with DJ Crooked at Stingaree. I remember kicking some Asian kid out of the DJ booth cause he kept harassing Crooked to get on the turntables. I'm still trying to piece the night together...

FAVORITE KNYEW MOMENT 2009:
Our "April Fool's Day Prank"...I still laugh about it all the time.


NEVA'S 2009 WRAP-UP:
FAVORITE TEE 2009:
The KNYEW "MLB" Tee. I love how Crooked & our designer Sean incorporated the Yankee's team logo with the whole design. I wear it proudly as a native New Yorker and business owner in Las Vegas.

FAVORITE GEAR 2009:
The HUF Plaid Button-down Shirts. The cut of the shirt and the fabric they used was absolutely perfect and I loved all 3 colorways. I'm glad that HUF is finally on board with the KNYEW fam.

FAVORITE PURCHASE 2009:
The Nike Dunks Hi Surpreme "East" by DJ Clark Kent. You can't go wrong with anything in "Gucci" green & red.

FAVORITE MOMENT 2009:

The Yankees winning the 2009 World Series. I grew up in the bronx and passed the old stadium almost everyday when I was growing up. It meant alot to see them win the championship after moving into the new stadium.

FAVORITE KNYEW MOMENT 2009:
Its a toss up...one of my favorite moments was our "Backspin" party with DJ Riz. It was during the Magic Trade Show and we had alot of our friends in town to help me celebrate my birthday. DJ Riz played an unbelievable set of oldschool hip-hop, soul and classics...pretty great night.
My other favorite moment was DJ'ing for Big Daddy Kane at Revolution. It was a great night and he also autographed my original 12" vinyl of "Aint No Half Stepping". The record is actually displayed at the shop next to Crooked's toys...lol.

CROOKED'S 2009 Wrap-Up:
FAVORITE TEE 2009:
The KNYEW x SKAM ARTIST collabo tee. I spent countless hours with our designer Sean to finish this t-shirt and make it work. The detail and symbolism for each icon that represented every DJ was an incredible challenge but we made it work in the end. I gotta thank Free Gold Watch for their amazing print work and tireless dedication.

FAVORITE GEAR 2009:
TRIUMVIR Flannel Button-Downs for Fall/Winter 2009. I love the color patterns they chose, the subtle logo placement and the tailor work and fitting was seamless. I have all 4 colorways in my closet and I wish I could've bought doubles in some of them.

FAVORITE PURCHASE 2009:
THE HUNDREDS Camera Backpack Fall 2009. I can finally fit my Camera and DJ'ing equipment in one bag. It makes traveling incredibly easier and allows me to document my excursions while I'm out of town.

FAVORITE MOMENT 2009:
Getting my DJ backpack stolen and returned back to me. I don't know if this counts cause my bag was stolen on New Years Eve Dec. 31st 2009 and returned on Jan. 1st 2010 but it definitely made the year end on a better note. I have to attribute a lot of the credit to my twitter account which had a significant role in informing everyone of my lost backpack. I ended up getting everything back including my $3000 Macbook Pro, carrying over 16,000 songs and years of vital tax information.

FAVORITE KNYEW MOMENT 2009:
Our Black Friday Sale on November 27th. I can't explain the feeling I had when I walked into the shop at 10:30am and saw people camped out in front since 5am that morning. Our neighbors at Quizno's said they saw even more people pulling in at 8am but they unfortunately left cause the line was too long. I'm truly grateful that KNYEW has such enthusiastic, loyal and supportive customers. It drives me and the fellas here to always do better and keep things fresh...thanks Las Vegas.

On a personal note, all of us at KNYEW have to acknowledge the unfortunate loss in 2009 of 2 very great talents DJ AM and DJ RocRaida...you will always be remembered and respected. Crooked & crew signing out.

No comments: